Welcome to the world of Maude Garrett

Aussie’s answer to Lupe/Kanye/Kid Cudi?

You couldn’t have come up with this bag of tricks if you tried.

Meet Miracle. He’s an 18 year old Hip Hop artist & Skater from Ghana, Africa that lives in Sydney and is cut from the same mold of Lupe, Kanye, Kid Cudi & Chiddy Bang.

His first track is “Better Dayz” which samples Pete Murray (and not ironically) was produced by Miracle himself for his HSC, which he’s doing at the moment. Because finishing school is hard enough, right?

This kid is going to be huge, it’s not your average Aussie hip hop, he has real flow and the video has like 8000 views from nothing but word of mouth.

What do you think? Has he got what it takes?

About these ads

9 responses

1. conda

To wendigoe-

A musicians career is about music, not literature. Pretty sure that is called a writer, how embarrassing, you must have the two confused.

This guy is incredible for an 18 year school kid, and will definitely make it big. And I hope he does.

Also if Kanye is such a moron then why did you bother reading this post, did you not see the title of it? I think the only moron here is you.

November 3, 2010 at 2:49 pm

• SNAP!

November 3, 2010 at 7:06 pm

• literature

writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays.

Writing

a literary composition or production.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/

Yep that is pretty embarrasing for me. Clearly writing has nothing to do with literature. If you can’t see the correlation between lyrics and literature I suggest you stop licking the anti-radiation paint off the inside of your microwave.

I have listened many more unique artists who are younger and not following in the footsteps of losers like Kanye and actually doing their own stuff.

The whole point of a blog is to share your thoughts, I had an opinion on a thought and I expressed it. Such is the beauty of the internet.

November 4, 2010 at 8:14 pm

2. Stuey

After seeing this today, I went and downloaded the mixtape he has on his FaceBook page, the work he has done as a 17 yr old is amazing, reckon I’ve heard it thru twice now and am loving it, thanks for the tip

And PS enjoyed seeing you on TAYG the other night

October 20, 2010 at 11:21 pm

3. Hmmm I honestly wasn’t expecting a reply. Upon further research and actually listening to his songs all I can say is I agree that its not a bad effort him producing it himself HOWEVER I am not feeling the hoodies, the baggy cloths and all the other generic hip-hop imagery.

Also now that I am completely in rant mode the tune is simple and seems to lack any real substance (its main appeal is a slightly catchy chorus). The lyrics are simple, I do not feel he brings anything new or particularly interesting to the music world. The last thing we need is another black kid making wierd gestures into a camera while rhyming (over dramatising) trivial crap. I wonder what bands you like?

October 20, 2010 at 7:56 pm

• I almost forgot why is there a Z on the end of day? Did he mean days? thats a pretty major mispell for someone whos career revolves around literature (lyrics).

October 20, 2010 at 8:09 pm

• Check out the playlists I write up here.
      Every time I finish a shift on the radio station I present on (called FBi, a new music and culture based community station in Sydney) I post up the songs I played.
      That might give you an idea

October 22, 2010 at 5:22 pm

4. wendigoe

I am sure he an amazing and talented artist not some not some black kid being used for commercial reasons. Australia really doesn’t need an answer to the drooling moron that is Kanye West. I understand you are a female and thus are proned to liking terrible music however thats no excuse for liking the music these idiots put out, after all its really just raps (retards attempting peotry) inbred cousin. I don’t think the artistic ability that went into creating all of Kanye wests songs equal even a tenth of what went into creating where is my mind by The Pixies.

GOOD DAY.

October 19, 2010 at 10:10 pm

• It really does depend on the music you’re interested in. For instance, I would never choose to see a DJ play a set over watching a live band. I agree that it’s all about the effort put in, and I feel that writing orginal music beats morphing someone else’s.

Saying that, slamming artists for ‘not really writing’ is all fair and good, but this kid shows talent far beyond his years. He is doing this all on his own. He’s producing his own stuff, not getting his soul bought by a record company, telling him how to look and sound, while someone else writes his stuff. For that, I give him respect!

October 20, 2010 at 5:50 pm