My name is Maude Garrett, and in short (even thought I’m quite tall) I’m a radio and TV presenter, geek blogger and columnist, writer, MC, professional photo bomber, music appreciator, epic prankster and, quite proudly so, video games addict.
My break in television was in 2005 after auditioning for Channel [V]’s presenter search called ‘Fresh Meat’. Out of nearly 2500 hopefuls around Australia, I made it into the top 4 where I battled it out with the others on air in Sydney. Although I didn’t win, I managed to land a job on Nickelodeon hosting their popular local production called ‘Camp Orange’.
Fast forward to 2012, I’ve hosted four Camp Oranges (all Logie and Astra nominated – no biggie), three Orange Carpets for the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards, Sarvo (Nickelodeon’s afternoon show) & ‘The Go Show’ (Nickelodeon’s music show) with my best friend Kyle Linahan, hosted Channel 9’s tech savvy reality games show called ‘The Pursuit’, hosting TVC’s for PLAY (new video game releaseson subscription television), wrote my very own gaming column for Dolly magazine and hosted the Hot30 Countdown each weeknight from 7.30-10pm around Australia! I’ve spent this year starting up a website/youtube called Geek Bomb – where I chat extensively about video games. Check it out at geekbomb.net . You can also see me on Weekend Sunrise every Sunday morning at 9.35am on the G-Gap panel.
NEW: This summer I’m taking over Jackie O for Take 40 Australia!
- Video Games – Favourite of all time is Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Nintendo 64. Nothing has beaten this so far
- Reading – I’ll easy read a book a week
- Rice Bubbles
- Finding hilarious youtube videos – look up Leeroy Jenkins!
- Soaking up the sun (whilst slip slop slapping) at the beach
- English Breakfast tea with milk and honey
- Bright nail polish
- Laughing loudly and uncontrollably
- Courteous drivers
- My gorgeous dog, Bella
- Having to use a walk-through when I get so stuck in a game I want to cry (we all get to that point, right?)
- Mushroom, beetroot, seafood, pork, ham, bacon… yeah I’m a fussy eater and I dislike that too
- People who talk loudly during movies (though I find it ok to chat myself…hypocrite! )
- Horror movies – all of them
- People who trip over while walking and pretend it never happened… hello! I saw you!
- Bad spelling. We’re in the spell check era and a red squiggly line tells you you’re wrong, so no excuse!
To contact me regarding hostings, MCing, questions, ideas, anything really, feel free to email my agency – email@example.com and they’ll be sure to pass on the query.